Youth Tobacco Survey
CDC developed the Youth Tobacco Survey (YTS) to assist states in planning and evaluating their state-based comprehensive tobacco prevention and control programs.
Since 2003, the Youth Tobacco Survey has been co-administered with the Youth Risk Behavior Survey to public school students throughout Hawaii as modules within the Hawaii School Health Survey. The 2000 survey was administered as a stand-alone survey in the spring semester. All other surveys were administered in the fall semester.
The reports on this page include data through 2015. Please use the Hawaii Indicator-Based Information System (Hawaii-IBIS) to see the most recent YTS data and to perform your own custom queries!
Level of detail:
- The lowest level of detail captured for this data is youth respondent.
- The related dimensions are: Year, Gender, Grade Level, and Race-Ethnicity.
Number of Records Per Year:
2017 – 1,979
2015 – 2,244
2013 – 1,980
2011 – 1,644
2009 – 1,622
2007 – 1,176
2005 – 1,676
2003 – 10,640
2017 – 1,926
2015 – 1,911
2013 – 1,455
2011 – 1,298
2009 – 1,467
2007 – 1,211
2005 – 1,551
2000 – 1,511
(2000 middle school and 2003 high school data are not available due to CDC weighting standards)
- The CDC requires a response rate of at least 60% to weigh state YTS data. Hawaii does not have state-level data for middle schools in 2000 or for high schools in 2003.
- YTS Methodology (2000): http://www.cdc.gov/mmwr/PDF/ss/ss5004.pdf
- Cell size restriction is applied if the unweighted number of responses to a question is less than 35.
Data Highlights from the 2015 Hawaii Youth Tobacco Survey (YTS) and Comparisons with Prior Years
Data Highlights from the 2013 Hawaii Youth Tobacco Survey (YTS) and Comparisons with Prior Years
Data Highlights from the 2011 Hawaii Youth Tobacco Survey (YTS) and Comparisons with Prior Years
Data Highlights from the 2009 Hawaii Youth Tobacco Survey (YTS) and Comparisons with Prior Years
YTS Health Indicator Documentation Report
2007 Report Highlights