Query Results for Hawaiʻi Youth Risk Behavior Survey (YRBS) Data - Drug use - offered/sold/received at school, past 12 months, Middle Schools, State-level
Query Result Page Options
This option remembers your currently selected filtering criteria and display options and applies (
) to all subsequent dataset query requests. This feature can help you save time and be consistent by automatically applying your defined selections to other queryable datasets you open.
- This features only effects queryable datasets loaded after the apply criteria feature is enabled.
- When a new queryable dataset is loaded, this features does NOT clean/clear any of that dataset's default selected values - it simply supplements the newly loaded dataset's selections with those values captured when the apply criteria feature was enabled.
- When in the builder interface you can override and make additional changes (select or deselect).
- Changes made in the builder interface are not automatically saved to the enabled apply criteria definition. However, once you have a result you can reapply the current critera by using this dialog and pressing the "Reapply" button. If you do not see this button then the apply criteria feature has not been enabled.
- Selections are applied according to what selections are available within that given queryable dataset. For example if your apply criteria is set for years 1999-2015 and the dataset does not have 1999 then only years 2000-2015 will be selected.
- This feature is available immediately and does not require any user login account. However, if you wish to save this definition you will need to have either a free self registered user account or a secure DOH account and be logged in to be able to save your definitions.
- TURNING OFF: These selections will remain in effect for the length of your current session on this site. It is turned off by pressing the "Clear" button.
- TECHNICAL NOTE: The selection's internal dimension names and values MUST match. In some instances a value's title shown to the user will look the same as the dataset's but it is stored internally with a different name or value so they do not match and thus will not be selected. As an end user there is nothing that can be done about this situation because this is something the dataset author must setup. If you see something like this please contact us and report this issue.
For example, you may always prefer to display a county map and a horizontal bar chart. You would make those initial selections, submit your selections, and then click to apply this criteria feature. From that point on, those selections will be automatically applied to all subsequent queryable datasets you open when applicable.
You are not logged in. To save a query you must be logged in. Enter your username / password to proceed. Once successfully logged in you will be redirected back to this page where you can then save the query definition.
See the Introduction to My Selections page for more information.
|Students who have been offered, sold, or given an illegal drug on school property during the past 12 months Filter:||Yes|
|Hawaii Overall Filter:||Hawaii State|
|Year Filter:||2011, 2013, 2015|
|Data Grouped By:||Year|
Explore a different dataset
This is one data source available in the Hawaiʻi Health Data Warehouse. Click the button below to go to the page with all the data sources.
Choose a different topic
This is one topic the Hawaiʻi Health Data Warehouse has available for you. Click the button below to go to the page with all the health topics.
Question Wording:During the past 12 months, has anyone offered, sold, or given you an illegal drug on school property?
Suppression of EstimatesAccording to CDC guidelines, a minimum of 100 students must answer a question in order for it to be reported. Where the number of students is below 100, not reportable, will appear in the table
Weighted Survey DataThe percentages reported above have been produced by weighting the sample so that the results better represent the population of Hawaiʻi.
Data Sources'''Citation''': Hawaii State Departments of Education and Health, Hawaii Health Data Warehouse, Hawaii School Health Survey: Youth Risk Behavior Survey. [Chart Title, appropriate years(s)]. Published [update date]. Accessed [query date]. [URL]
Asymmetric Confidence IntervalsThe confidence bounds are asymmetric. They do not extend evenly above and below the percentage, especially as the percentage gets close to 0% or 100%.
Average Annual Population EstimateThe denominator includes all survey respondents except those with missing, don't know, and refused answers. If the query was limited to a particular sub-population-group, only those respondents are included in the denominator.
Survey SampleYRBS uses a two-stage, stratified random sampling method to identify the sample. The sampling frame includes all students currently enrolled in grades 6-12 in a public school in the state of Hawaiʻi. Two samples are taken: one for middle school (grades 6-8) and one for high school (grades 9-12). Results are weighted by sex, grade, and race/ethnicity to ensure accurate representation of the population.
Hawai'i Youth Risk Behavior SurveyThe percentages reported above have been produced by weighting the sample so that the results better represent the Hawai'i population. Numerator and denominator data have been rounded to the nearest 100. In cases where the numerator is 49 or less, it is displayed as 50. Statistical Stability--Relative standard error, or RSE, is the standard error expressed as a proportion of the point estimate. "Stable" is displayed when the RSE is below 0.30. "Unstable" is displayed when the RSE is 0.30-0.50. An unstable count or rate may fluctuate widely across time periods due to random variation (chance). "Very unstable" is displayed when the RSE is greater than 0.50. A very unstable count or rate should not be used to inform decision making. Problems with statistical instability typically occur when there is a small number of health events in a small population. You may combine years or otherwise increase the population size used in the query to achieve a more stable count or rate. Due to space constraints imposed by the physical survey instrument, Chinese race/ethnicity information is not collected in the YRBS.